Davy Chou is a French Cambodian filmmaker. He is the grandson of Van Chann, one of the greatest producers in Cambodia in the 1960s and 1970s.
In 2007 he directed his first short film, Davy Chou’s first film.
His second short film Expired, shot during his first trip to Cambodia in 2008, was selected at Entrevues Belfort International Film Festival 2008.
In 2009, Davy Chou created in Phnom Penh a filmmaking workshop with 4 schools and 60 students. The result was a 50-minute collective film named Twin Diamonds that was screened in Cambodia.
In October 2009, Davy Chou curated “Golden Reawakening”, a film festival and exhibition about the golden age of Cambodian cinema in the 1960s and the 1970s.
He is the founder of Kon Khmer Koun Khmer, a group of young Cambodians students and artists.
- Busan International Film Festival 2011
- Cambodia International Film Festival 2011
- Cinemanila International Film festival 2011 (Philippines): best South-East Asian Film
- Asian Connection 2011 (Lyon, France): Grand prix du public
- Entrevues, Festival International du Film de Belfort 2011 (France): Prix One+One
- Forum of Berlin International Film Festival 2012
- San Francisco International Film Festival 2012
- Hong Kong International Film Festival 2012
- Sydney Film Festival 2012
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival 2012
- Lifescapes Southeast Asian Film Festival 2012 (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
- Festival du Film et Forum International sur les Droits Humains 2012 (Geneva)
- Salaya Documentary Film Festival 2012
- Festival International du Film de Fribourg 2012
- Festival International du Film de la Rochelle 2012
- Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival 2012
- New York Asian Film Festival 2012
- Seattle International Film Festival 2012
- Perth Revelation Film Festival 2012
- Asian Film Festival of Dallas 2012
Golden Slumbers cinema release is planned for September 2012 in France.
Davy Chou is currently writing a fictional feature film about the Cambodian youth of today.
- GOLDEN SLUMBERS (LE SOMMEIL D’OR)
Documentary feature film, HD, produced by Vycky Films (1h40), shot in Cambodia and France.
- THE RISING MOTORCYCLE HEROES
Documentary film, HD, produced by Vycky Films (25 min), shot in France
in post production
- EXPIRED (2008)
Documentary short film, DV (10 min), shot in Cambodia
Selected at Entrevues Belfort Film Festival 2008 (France) and 25 FPS Film Festival 2009 (Zagreb)
- DAVY CHOU’S FIRST FILM (2006)
Fictional short film (10 min), HD, produced by CQN production, shot in France
Selected at Festival des Nouveaux Cinémas 2006